- 25 Jan 2023
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 25 Jan 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Vulcan Cyber is a vulnerability visualization, assessment and remediation platform.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
Host Name or IP Address (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Vulcan Cyber server.
API Token (required) - An API Key associated with a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets. To acquire an API Token, see Acquiring an API Token.
Verify SSL (required, default: false) - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name (optional, default: empty) - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password (optional, default: empty) - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Axonius uses the Vulcan API.
The owner of the API Token must have permissions to the Standard role or greater to fetch assets.
Acquiring an API Token
You can acquire an API token from your Vulcan Cyber account.
To acquire an API Token:
- From the Vulcan Account page, click your avatar icon in the upper right corner and navigate to the API token.
- Specify a name for the token in the relevant field.
- Specify an expiration date. By default, the token expires one year from the token creation.
- Click Generate Token to generate an OAuth 2 token.
- Copy and paste the API token in the API Token parameter of the Vulcan adapter for Axonius.
You can revoke any of your tokens if needed by clicking the Revoke button.
Supported From Version
Supported from Axonius version 4.5