- 30 Jan 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 30 Jan 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Netdisco is a web-based network management tool designed for network administrators.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Host Name or IP Address (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Netdisco server, such as https://netdisco.internal.acme.com
- Instance port (optional, default: 5000) - The port used for the instance.
- User Name and Password (optional) - The credentials for a user account that has the permissions to fetch assets.
- API Key (optional) - An API Key associated with a user account that has permissions to fetch assets. The API key is generated by a request to Netdisco API. The API key can be used instead of the user name and password. For more information, see Netdisco API Client Authentication and Netdisco Configuration.
- Either User Name and Password or API Key are required.
- When User Name and Password are not supplied, API Key is required.
- Use IP Inventory Report (required, default: false) - Select whether to use the IP Inventory Report, which lists IP addresses in the subnet specified in the Subnet (IP Report based) parameter.
- Subnet (IP Report based) (optional, default: empty) - Specify the subnet (such as 172.17.0.0/16) that you want to use for the IP Inventory Report.
This parameter is only applicable when Use IP Inventory Report is selected.
Verify SSL (required, default: false) - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name (optional, default: empty) - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password (optional, default: empty) - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
From Version 4.6, Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Merge assets with the same hostname (Netbios/DNS) (required, default: false) - When assets share the same hostname, select this option to merge them into a single asset so that - XYZ and XYZ will be the same device.
- Lowercase the hostname (Netbios/DNS) for assets merge (required, default: false) - When you choose to merge assets with the same hostname, then select this option to convert the hostnames to lowercase prior to merging so that XYZ and xyz will be the same device and XYZ and XYZ will be the same device too.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Axonius uses the Netdisco API.
The value supplied in User Name must have permissions to request basic HTTP information.
This adapter was only tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed, which is not functioning as expected.
|Netdisco version 2.45 or greater||Yes|
Supported From Version
Supported from Axonius version 4.5