- 28 Aug 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 28 Aug 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
The Elasticsearch adapter imports device information from an Elasticsearch database.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
Host Name or IP Address (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Elasticsearch server that Axonius can communicate with.
Port (required, default: 9200) - Specify the port of the Elasticsearch system.
User Name and Password (optional) - The credentials for a user account that has the permissions to fetch assets.Note:
When API Key ID and API Key are not supplied, User Name and Password are required.
API Key ID and API Key (optional) - An API Key ID and API key associated with a user account that has the permissions to fetch assets. API Key ID and API Key can be used instead of user name and password. For details see Elasticsearch Create API Key.Note:
When User Name and Password are not supplied, API Key ID and API Key are required.
Data Streams Search Target (optional) - The target path search to fetch from.
- If supplied, Axonius will fetch the data from the defined list. The list should be passed in a comma-separated, listing data streams, indices and index aliases. Elastic wildcard (*) expressions are supported.
- If not supplied, all data will be fetched.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy (optional) - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address.
HTTPS Proxy User Name (optional) - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password (optional) - The password to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Hour range filter (required, default: 10) - Inspect all logs within the last specified hours and extract devices from all data received. Minimum value is
1; Maximum value is
- Page size (required, default 500, max 500) - Enter a page size to control the number of items to return per request to the Search API. Decreasing this number may improve fetch stability.
- Fetch devices without hostname - Select whether to fetch devices from Elasticsearch that do not have a hostname.
- Parse dynamic fields - Select this option to parse all the fields fetched from the API as dynamic fields. These are fields created during the fetch process. They can be queried, and their names and types are defined by the field name and value parsed.
- Use fetch time for Last Seen - Select this option to set that all entities (devices and users) fetched by this adapter have their Last Seen set to the time the entity was fetched (fetch_time).
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Axonius uses the Elasticsearch 7.10 API.
This adapter has only been tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Please contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed and it is not functioning as expected.