- 11 Jul 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 11 Jul 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Device42 is a cloud-based CMDB that maps relationships and dependencies for physical and virtual machines, cloud servers and containers, network components, software, services, and applications.
- Device42 Domain (required) - The hostname of the Device42 server.
- User Name and Password (required) - The user name and password for an account that has read access to the data to be fetched by the API.
Device42 API enforces the role-based security that is created with the Device42 app. If you want a user to have access via the API, but not via the UI - deselect 'Staff Status' for that user from UI Tools > Admins & Permissions > Administrators.
For details on Device 42 roles and permissions, see Device42 - Role-based Permissions and Access.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the host supplied in Device42 Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If it fails validation, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to Device42 Domain.
- If supplied, Axonius will utilize the proxy when connecting to the host defined for this connection.
- If not supplied, Axonius will connect directly to the host defined for this connection.
To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters
Category Include list (optional) - Enter list of categories only from which devices will be fetched.
Fetch only in service devices - select this option to fetch only devices that their “In Service” status is true.
Add software details - Select this option to add the installed software details for each device
Pull only latest software versions - Select this option to fetch ONLY the latest versions of each software on the installed software page.
Parse hostname from custom fields - Select this option to parse the hostname from the Hostname custom field instead of the name field.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.