- 21 May 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Microsoft AD - Reset Users' Passwords
- Updated on 21 May 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Microsoft Active Directory (AD) - Reset Users' Passwords causes Active Directory to prompt users to change their password, next time that they try to login to their system for:
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined, or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from Active Directory adapter (required, default: False) - Select this option to use the first connected Microsoft Active Directory (AD) adapter credentials.NOTE
- To use this option, you must successfully configure a Microsoft Active Directory (AD) adapter connection.
- The user name and the password used for the adapter connection must have the permissions to fetch assets.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
User Name and Password (optional, default: empty) - Provide credentials to connect and to execute the command on the windows device: user name and password.NOTEIf Use stored credentials from Active Directory adapter is disabled, these fields are required.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS proxy User Name - The user name to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
In order to reset passwords Privileged Authentication Administrator is required. Refer to Azure AD Built in Roles for more information.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.