- 28 Jan 2024
- 2 Minutes to read
Dell TechDirect - Enrich Asset Data
- Updated on 28 Jan 2024
- 2 Minutes to read
Dell TechDirect - Enrich Asset Data (Enrich Data with Dell TechDirect) collects serial numbers from the assets retrieved from the saved query supplied as a trigger (or from devices selected in the asset table) and enriches the serviceTags in the Dell TechDirect adapter with them.
If the Dell TechDirect adapter is not configured, no Discovery is run for the devices on a routine basis. When the Enforcement Action is run, enrichment data persists for 48 hours and is then pruned since it was run on "Added entities only". To ensure enrichment data persists, configure the Dell TechDirect adapter.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Host Name or IP Address (required, Default: apigtwb2c.us.dell.com) - The hostname or IP address of the Dell TechDirect server.
- Client ID (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
- Client Secret (required) - A Client Secret Key associated with a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
- Service Tags - Enter text for the tags you want separated by a comma (,).
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name - The user name to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
Axonius uses the TechDirect API.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.