- 08 Feb 2024
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 08 Feb 2024
- 2 Minutes to read
Rapid7 InsightCloudSec (formerly DivvyCloud) manages cloud security posture, secures cloud workloads, and governs identity and access management.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Domain (required) - The hostname or IP address of the DivvyCloud server.
- Port (optional, default: 8001) - The port used for the connection.
- Username and Password (optional) - The credentials for a user account that has Read-only permissions to fetch assets. To create a user account with Read-only permissions, see Creating a User in the Rapid7 InsightCloudSec Console.
When API Token is not supplied, Username and Password are required.
- API Key (optional) - An API Key associated with a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
When Username and Password are not supplied, API Key is required.
- Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
From Version 4.6, Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Fetch Containers (optional, default: true) - Select whether to fetch information from container objects.
- Do Not Fetch Powered Off Machines - Select to not fetch machines that have a State field value of 'stopped'.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
The value supplied in Username must be associated with credentials that have Read-only permissions to fetch assets.
Rapid7 InsightCloudSec has to add IP addresses to a permissions list in order to accept API requests. If you are working with an Axonius hosted system and your internal network is already on a permissions list, you can use a tunnel to connect. Please contact Axonius Support for the external IP.
Creating a User in the Rapid7 InsightCloudSec Console
To create a user in the Rapid7 InsightCloudSec Console
Log in as an administrator to the Rapid7 InsightCloudSec console. Click Identity Management and add a user. Axonius only uses the Username and Password field, so it doesn't matter what you specify in the Email field.
In the Identity Management page, select Roles > Add Role. Create a role that allows Viewing only and enable Global Scope.
Select User Groups > Add User Group. Add a new group, then assign the role to the newly created user.
Log in with the new user at least once to create it and verify that you can view your cloud accounts.
Fill-in all required fields in the adapter configuration and click Save. The Rapid7 InsightCloudSec adapter is configured.