- 15 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Rapid7 Nexpose Warehouse
- Updated on 15 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Rapid7 Nexpose Warehouse fetches device information directly from an external data warehouse.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- PostgreSQL Server (required) - The hostname of the Rapid7 Nexpose PostgreSQL server.
- Port (required, default: 5432) - The port used for the connection.
- Database (required) - The name of the database.
- User Name and Password (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the permissions to fetch assets.
- Do not fetch devices with no MAC address and no hostname - Select whether to exclude fetching devices without MAC address and without hostname.
- If enabled, Axonius will only fetch devices having MAC address or hostname.
- If disabled, Axonius will fetch devices even if those do not have MAC address and no hostname.
To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Use psycopg2 (optional) - Select whether to use Psycopq 2.
- Vulnerabilities severity value include list (optional) - Enter one or more comma-separated vulnerability severity values to include in the fetch.
- Parse Rapid7 tags as fields (optional) - Select to parse Rapid7 tags as fields.
- Keep large raw fields (optional) - Select to include large raw fields in the fetch.
- Exclude devices without IP, hostname and MAC address - Select this option to exclude devices with no MAC address, no hostname and no IP address from the fetch. If the devices have none of these fields it is not fetched.
- Exclude devices without last seen and hostname - Select this option to exclude devices in which Last Seen and hostname information is unavailable.
- Assets to fetch - By default Axonius fetches data about all asset types. Clear asset types that you don't want to fetch. Devices are always fetched and if no values are selected all assets are fetched.
- Fetch Remediation Date when available - Toggle on to fetch the Remediation Date information for each vulnerability belonging to an asset when the date is available.
- When Fetch Remediation Date when available is selected, the Remediated vulnerabilities comparison date option appears. You can choose a date to limit how many days back the query for Vulnerability Remediation checks.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Make sure you perform monthly maintenance and tuning on your On-Premise Rapid7 Postgresql database as explained by Rapid7. This ensures optimzed Axonius fetch performance.
- Rapid7 Configuring maximum performance in an enterprise environment
- Rapid7 Planning for Capacity Requirements.