- 08 Oct 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
VMware vCloud Director
- Updated on 08 Oct 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
VMware vCloud Director is a cloud service-delivery platform.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- vCloud Director Domain (required) - The hostname of the VMware vCloud Director server.
- API Version (required) - Select from dropdown v31.0 to use API v31.0 or v36.0 to use API v36.0.
- V31.0 displays the Is Admin checkbox.
- V36.0 displays the API Key field.
- User Name and Password (required) - The user name and password for an account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
The user name has to be in a specific format as described at:
vCloud Director API - VMware API Explorer
For version 31.0 - You must append either "@system" to the user name or "@orgname". This depends on the role you have set for the user. System administrator users must use "@system" because admin user is not bound to a special organization. org admin or org user must append the organization name.
- [email protected]@system (email format)
For version 36.0 - You must append "@Tenant" to the username.
For example: User@Tenant (be sure to replace the 'User' with the actual username and 'Tenant' with your actual Tenant).
Is Admin (Relevant for API version v31.0 only) -
- Select this option if user has admin/system permissions.
- Clear this option if user does not have admin/system permissions. In this case, the adapter brings VMs into your organization that the user can view or modify.
API Key (required) - Relevant for API version v36.0 only. An API Key associated with a user account that has permissions to fetch assets.
Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in vCloud Director Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- When this option is selected, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in vCloud Director Domain is verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If the SSL certificate cannot be validated against the CA database inside of Axonius, the connection fails with an error.
- When this option is cleared, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in vCloud Director Domain is not verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in vCloud Director Domain.
- When supplied, Axonius utilizes the proxy when connecting to the value supplied in vCloud Director Domain.
- When not supplied, Axonius connects directly to the value supplied in vCloud Director Domain.
To learn more on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
From version 4.6, Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection. Refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Max parallel requests (required, default: 50) - Specify the number of parallel requests Axonius will send to gain better control on the performance of all connections for this adapter.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
For API v31.0: The value supplied in User Name must have Read permissions in order to fetch assets.
For API v36.0: The value supplied in API Key/User Name must be associated with credentials that have Read permissions in order to fetch assets and they must have permissions to fetch virtual centers.
This adapter has only been tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Please contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed and it is not functioning as expected.
|VMWare vCloud Director 9.0 to 9.5||Yes||For API v31.0|
|VMWare vCloud Director later than 9.5||Yes||For API v36.0|