- 28 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 28 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Monday.com is a cloud-based workflow management platform that allows teams to build and manage projects.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- SaaS data
- Host Name or IP Address (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Monday.com server.
- API token (required) - An API Key associated with a user account that has permissions to fetch assets.
- Account Name - Your Monday account name.
- User Name and Password - The credentials for a user account that has permission to fetch SaaS data.
- 2FA Secret - The secret generated in Monday for setting up multi-factor authentication for the Monday user created for collecting SaaS data.
- API Version - Select which version of the Monday API you're using. You can select version 2023-07 (which is selected by default) or version 2024-01.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- HTTPS Proxy User Name (optional, default: empty) - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
- HTTPS Proxy Password (optional, default: empty) - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Fetch Monday Boards - Select this option to fetch Monday boards from the account.
For details on general advanced settings under the Adapter Configuration tab, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Axonius uses the Users API.
Note: Additional permissions are only required in the Enterprise plan of Monday.com.
The value supplied in Users must have permissions to read assets and requires writer permission to fetch SaaS data.
Adapter Integration Setup
Step 1: Create a User Account
- It is recommended for the username and password to be derived from a newly created user account dedicated for the usage of Axonius SaaS Management. Retrieve the username and password from that user account.
If single-sign-on is enabled and is not set to 'Using SSO authentication is optional', then it is recommended to derive the username and password from a user account maintained by the single-sign-on solution.
- The password length should be at least 32 characters.
- The user account needs to have MFA disabled.
- Set User Type to Admin.
Step 2: Generate the API Token
The API Token needs to be derived from the newly create user account.
- Log into Monday as the user.
- From the profile menu, select Admin.
- Go to API, scroll down to the API V2 Token section, and click Generate.
- Copy and save the API Token.
Supported From Version
Supported from Axonius version 4.5.