- 22 Oct 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 22 Oct 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Dynatrace is a software intelligence platform providing application performance management and cloud infrastructure monitoring.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
The Dynatrace adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Dynatrace Domain (for On-Premise) (optional) - If you are operating your own Dynatrace Managed installation, specify your Dynatrace domain.
- Environment ID - Specify the desired environment ID. Each environment that you monitor with Dynatrace is identified with a unique character string (Environment ID).
Within Dynatrace SaaS, your Dynatrace environment ID (otherwise known as a tenant ID), is included at the beginning of your Dynatrace environment´s URL:
If you are operating your own Dynatrace Managed installation, you can find your environment ID within your custom domain path after the /e/ subpath (see highlight in image below).
You can also find your environment ID listed on your Dynatrace account page along with your licensing details. To find this page, click the User button in the upper-right corner of the menu bar and select Account settings.
- API Key - Specify the API token that you have created. For more details, see Dynatrace API - Authentication.
- API Version (required, default: v1) - Select whether to use API v1 or v2.
- Account UUID - Enter an account UUID in order to fetch the users from a different API endpoint that includes more data and user groups. Find the account UUID on the Account > Account management API page, during creation of an OAuth client.
- Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Fetch users (optional, default: false) - Select to fetch users.
To fetch users, the User sessions (DTAQLAccess) permission must be assigned to an API token.
- Fetch vulnerabilities - Toggle on this option to fetch vulnerabilities.
- Fetch 'Security problems' extra info - Select this option to fetch additional information about Dynatrace 'Security problems'. This option is only available if you toggle on Fetch vulnerabilities.
- Fetch process group instances - Select this option to fetch Process Group instances.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Axonius uses the Dynatrace API.
To execute user requests, the User sessions (DTAQLAccess) permission must be assigned to an API token.
To execute entity requests, the Read entities (entities.read) permission must be assigned to an API token.
To learn how to obtain tokens and use them, see Dynatrace API - Tokens and Authentication.