- 24 Mar 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Getting Started with Axonius Cybersecurity Asset Management
- Updated on 24 Mar 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
The Axonius Cybersecurity Asset Management platform allows security and other teams to:
- Get a credible, comprehensive asset management inventory
- Discover security coverage gaps
- Automatically validate and enforce security policies
The Axonius platform does this by connecting to your security and management solutions, and collecting and correlating information about devices, cloud instances, and users.
Axonius offers visibility into important details related to devices and users:
- Devices – Refer to any computing entity that has an IP address. This includes workstations, servers, local virtual instances, cloud instances and containers, IoT and more.
- Users – Refer to the identities that authenticate to and use devices.
After deploying Axonius, on every login, the Getting Started with Axonius checklist is displayed by default.
This checklist includes a list of fundamentals milestones you should complete to start benefiting from the solution.
|Milestone #||Milestone Name||Milestone Description||How to Achieve It?|
|1||Connect adapters||You can collect and correlate information about your assets by using Axonius' adapters, which integrate with a wide array of security and IT management solutions.||Go to the Adapters page to connect at least three adapters to fetch data for your devices and users from at least three different sources.|
|2||Examine a device profile||You can examine the details about your devices by looking at their profiles, which displays the data that Axonius collected and correlated from multiple sources.||Use the Devices page or the search bar on Axonius Dashboard to search for a device and examine its profile.|
|3||Save a query||You can identify security gaps by running and saving a query about your assets.||Use the Query Wizard on the Devices page to create a query, then save it so you can easily access it in the future.|
|4||Tag device||You can tag a single asset or a group of assets that share common characteristics. Use tags to assign context to your assets for granular filters and queries.||Go to the Devices page, tag a few devices with shared characteristics, then issue a query that includes the new tag.|
|5||Create and execute enforcement set||You can take action on the identified security gaps by defining Enforcement Sets in the Axonius Security Policy Enforcement Center.||Go to the Enforcement Center page to create and execute an Enforcement Set.|
|6||Create a dashboard chart||You can customize the Axonius Dashboard with charts that track the relevant metrics and show immediate insights based on your saved queries.||Go to the Axonius Dashboard, and add a chart to a new custom space.|
|7||Generate a report||You can generate a PDF document to share dashboards and query results in an executive-friendly format.||Go to the Reports page, and create a report based on the query you saved earlier.|
- To review each milestone description click the expand button. Click Learn More to open the milestone designated documentation page that explains how to complete the milestone.
- To start working on the milestone, click Let's Do It.
- Completed milestones are marked with a green 'V'. The Let's Do It button is disabled and its label is renamed to Completed.
- To open the checklist, click . To close it, click anywhere in the screen.
- To stop the checklist from being displayed on every login, unselect the Show this checklist on login checkbox.
- To disable the checklist, unselect the Enable Getting Started with Axonius Checklist checkbox under the Global Settings tab in the System Settings page. For more details, see Global Settings.