- 15 Jan 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Microsoft Active Directory (AD) - Add or Update LDAP Attributes of Assets
- Updated on 15 Jan 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Microsoft Active Directory (AD) - Add or Update LDAP Attributes of Assets adds new or updates object LDAP attributes of existing Active Directory entries, which are Devices and Users that are returned from a query.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description (optional) - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs and Adapter Fetch History Modules
- Action name - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Action Conditions - Toggle on to enter a condition statement. See Configuring Enforcement Action Conditions to learn more about condition statement syntax.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Use stored credentials from the Active Directory adapter - Select this option to use the first connected Microsoft Active Directory (AD) adapter credentials.NOTEIf Use stored credentials from the Active Directory adapter is disabled, the User and Password fields are required.
- Action type (defualt: Update attributes) - Select whether to add new or to update existing LDAP attributes.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
User and Password (optional) - Provide credentials to connect and to execute the command on the windows device: user name and password.NOTEIf Use stored credentials from the Active Directory adapter is enabled, these fields are not required.
Skip Axonius value if empty - If the value of the Axonius field is empty or 0 (zero), the assignment of that specific attribute will be skipped.
Select data input method to use - Select the source of the LDAP attributes:
NOTEIf the Aggregated adapter is selected, aggregated fields may contain data as a list. Active Directory does not accept lists.
- Use data from user input - Manually input LDAP attributes.
- Use data from Axonius - Use the data in Axonius fields to configure LDAP attributes. See Axonius to External Field Mapping for details on mapping Axonius fields to external fields.
LDAP Attributes - Attribute name and Attribute value (required, default: empty) - Specify a single set or a list of LDAP attribute names and values to be updated for the Active Directory entity. Click the + to add multiple LDAP attribute sets. Click the trashcan icon to delete an attribute set.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.