- 28 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Tanium - Create Software Deployment
- Updated on 28 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Tanium - Create Software Deployment installs, updates, or removes existing software packages preconfigured on the Tanium server from specific devices for.
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from the Tanium Client Status Adapter - Select this option to use Tanium Client Status connected adapter credentials.
When you select this option, the Select Adapter Connection drop-down is available, and you can choose which adapter connection to use for this Enforcement Action.
To use this option, you must successfully configure a Tanium Client Status adapter connection. Full link to adapter when relevant
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Tanium Software Package ID - Software Package ID for the software to be deployed.
- Deployment Operation - Select the operation to run, either 'Install', 'Update' or 'Remove'.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
- Hostname or IP Address - The Hostname or IP address of the Tanium server that Axonius can communicate with. The adapter supports both on-premise and Tanium Cloud instances. When connecting to a Tanium Cloud instance, "-api" must be added to the end of the subdomain of your Tanium Cloud instance. For example: "domain.cloud.tanium.com" should be entered as "domain-api.cloud.tanium.com".
- User Name or API Token ID (required) - The credentials for a user account that has Permissions to fetch assets. If an API token is being used for authentication, this must be the ID of the API token. The Token ID column in Tanium may be hidden.
- Password or API Token (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the Permissions to fetch assets. If an API token is being used for authentication, this must be the API token string.
Refer to Tanium Client Status Adapter to learn more about the API Token.
Only fetch clients that have registered in the past N minutes - Only fetch assets that have registered with the Tanium platform within the past minutes supplied by this value. Tanium considers any agent that has not reported in the past 5 minutes as "broken", however leave this value empty if you want to be able to build queries in Axonius that check for "broken agents". A value of "0" will disable this filter.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
If Use stored credentials from Tanium Client Status adapter is not enabled, these fields are required.
- Max devices per deploy (default: 10) - Set a maximum number of devices on which to run this action.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.