- 26 Jun 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Rapid7 - Add or Remove Tag to/from Assets
- Updated on 26 Jun 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Rapid7 - Add or Remove Tag to/from Assets adds or removes the supplied tag name to or from the Rapid7 InsightVM assets:
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
This action only supports Rapid7 Nexpose and InsightVM assets (the blue adapter), i.e. assets that have a nexpose_Adapter.id field.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
To use this action, you must successfully configure a Rapid7 Nexpose and InsightVM adapter connection.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Tag name (required, default: empty) - Specify the tag to be add/removed to or from Rapid7 InsightVM assets. Tags that you specify to add must already exist in Rapid7.
- Add or remove tag (required, default: Add tag) - Select the action type:
- Add tag - to add tags.
- Remove tag - to remove tags.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
- Create tag if it does not exist - When enabled, if a tag is not found by the name specified for Tag name it will be created. This option only applies when Add Tag is selected.Note:
Tags created in this manner always have the Type set to "custom", and appear as custom tags in Rapid7.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.