- 25 Dec 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
SolarWinds Service Desk - Create Incident
- Updated on 25 Dec 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
SolarWinds Service Desk - Create Incident creates an incident in SolarWinds for all the assets retrieved from the saved query supplied as a trigger (or for the assets selected in the asset table).
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description (optional) - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- Action name - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Action Conditions - Toggle on to enter a condition statement. See Configuring Enforcement Action Conditions to learn more about condition statement syntax.
Use stored credentials from SolarWinds adapter - Select this option to use the first connected SolarWinds adapter credentials.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Incident Title - Specify the incident title.
These fields are optional.
- Host Name or IP Address (required) - The hostname or IP address of the SolarWinds Service Desk server.NOTEIf Use stored credentials from the SolarWinds adapter is disabled, this field is required.
- API Key (required) - An API Key associated with a user account that has permissions to fetch assets. For details, see How to Setup Token Authentication In SolarWinds.NOTEIf Use stored credentials from the SolarWinds adapter is disabled, these fields are required.
Verify SSL (optional) - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy (optional) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- Description - add a description for the incident.
- Site ID - the site ID
- Department ID -the department ID
- Assigned to Email - the email address to which notification will be sent when the incident is created.
- State - as defined by SolarWinds Service Desk
- Priority - as defined by SolarWinds Service Desk
- Category - as defined by SolarWinds Service Desk
Axonius uses the SolarWinds ITSM API.
The value supplied in User name must have 'creating incident' permissions.
This action has only been tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Please contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed and it is not functioning as expected.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.