- 27 Dec 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Slack - Send Message to Channel
- Updated on 27 Dec 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Slack - Send Message to Channel posts a message to a Slack channel for Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statement, if defined or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from Slack Adapter - Select this option to use Slack connected adapter credentials.
- When you select this option, the Select Adapter Connection drop-down is available, and you can choose which adapter connection to use for this Enforcement Action.
To use this option, you must successfully configure a Slack adapter connection.
When not enabled, see Connection Parameters.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Channel ID - The ID of the channel to which to send the messages.
Incident Description - Specify an incident description to be included in the Slack message.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
When Use stored credentials from Slack adapter is toggled Off, these fields are required:
Host Name or IP Address - The hostname or IP address of the Slack server.
Authentication Token - An Authentication Token associated with a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets. For instructions on generating the Authentication Token, see admin.users.list.
Account Sub Domain - The Slack server's sub domain (<sub_domain>.slack.com).
User Name and Password - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
MFA Secret- If you access Slack through an SSO solution that requires multi-factor authentication, you will need to generate a secret key in that solution and paste it here. See instructions for performing this action in Okta, Google, or Microsoft.
Enterprise Grid Organization - Select this option if you are using the Slack Enterprise Grid Organization solution.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- Top Results Count (max 100) - Set the top number of results to be displayed. The default value is 20.
- Prettify Entities -
- Select this option to present in the Slack message, in an improved format, only the column view set in the Enforcement Action query.
- Leave this option disabled (the default) to present the Slack message in JSON format.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Axonius uses the Slack Post Message API
The values supplied in Connection Settings above must have the following permissions:
Bot tokens: chat:write
User tokens: chat:write, chat: write:user, chat:write:bot
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.