- 10 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Slack - Send Direct Message to Assets
- Updated on 10 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Slack - Send Direct Message to Assets sends a direct message to assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Dynamic Value statement, if defined, or assets selected on the relevant Asset page.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use adapter connection - Enable this option to use Slack connected adapter credentials. The enforcement action automatically uses the adapter connection that each asset was fetched from.
To use this option, you must successfully configure a Slack adapter connection. Each asset is run using the the connection that fetched the asset.
When not enabled, see Connection Parameters.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Custom Message - The text of the message that is sent to the asset.
- Create list of predefined responses (Optional) - This field is only available in an action that is added to a Workflow. Enter a list of response buttons to be shown in the Slack message in the order that they are added into this field. Click Add to add each possible response to the list. When a response button is clicked in a Slack message that is sent, the workflow continues based on that button.
When Use adapter connection is toggled Off, these fields are required:
Host Name or IP Address - The hostname or IP address of the Slack server.
Authentication Token - An Authentication Token associated with a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
Account Sub Domain - The Slack account's sub domain (<sub_domain>.slack.com).
Username and Password - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
MFA Secret - If you access Slack through an SSO solution that requires multi-factor authentication, you will need to generate a secret key in that solution and paste it here. See instructions for performing this action in Okta, Google, or Microsoft.
Enterprise Grid Organization - Select this option if you are using the Slack Enterprise Grid Organization solution.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- Send asset details in message - Select this option to add basic information (first/last name) about the asset in the message.
- Send to manager - Select this option to send the message to the user's manager.
Axonius uses the Slack Post Message API
Axonius must be able to communicate with the value supplied in Connection Settings via TCP port 443.
The following permissions are required:
Bot tokens: chat:write
User tokens: chat:write, chat: write:user, chat:write:bot
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.