- 03 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Set Unit Count - Gradient
- Updated on 03 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Set Unit Count - Gradient passes to Gradient the number of devices that have been seen by the selected adapter / adapter connection and sets the unit count in Gradient, which tracks customer billing data.
This action is performed for:
- Devices that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statement, if defined, or devices selected on the relevant asset page.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
This enforcement action runs on devices only.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Full Host Name or IP Address (default: https://app.usegradient.com) - The hostname or IP address of the Gradient server.
Gradient Token - The token used to communicate changes from your vendor account to the specific managed service provider (MSP). Gradient Token is created using Base64 encryption of a Vendor API Key and a Partner API Key. A valid GRADIENT-TOKEN is required to perform the Create an Account API Call. With a valid GRADIENT-TOKEN and properly mapped Accounts and Services, you will receive a 201 Success message.
Service ID - This represents the ID for the service. To get the Service ID, perform the Get Vendor API Call.
Select adapters or adapter connections - From the dropdown, select an adapter or adapter connection. The number of devices that the selected adapter / adapter connection has seen, is passed to Gradient.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name - The user name to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
Axonius uses the following:
API documentation: [Set unit count] API - Sets the route for adding a new unit count for one account, and one service. Subsequent calls debounce until calls are complete, after which billing views update.
Integration walk-through: Integration Build Guide - a step-by-step guide to building an integration with the Synthesize API.
The user account must have write/admin permissions.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.