- 04 Jan 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Microsoft Active Directory (AD) - Remove Assets from AD
- Updated on 04 Jan 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Microsoft Active Directory (AD) - Remove Assets from AD removes the assets (users or devices) retrieved from the saved query supplied as a trigger (or devices that were selected in the asset table) from Active Directory.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description (optional) - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- Action name - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Action Conditions - Toggle on to enter a condition statement. See Configuring Enforcement Action Conditions to learn more about condition statement syntax.
Use stored credentials from the Active Directory adapter - Select this option to use the first connected Active Directory adapter credentials.
These fields are optional.
- Username and Password - The credentials for the AD user account to perform the action.
If Use stored credentials from the Active Directory adapter is not enabled, these fields are required.
- Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Axonius uses the ldap3 DELETE Operation API.
The value supplied in User name must have permission to delete users and computers from AD.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.