- 21 May 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Microsoft AD - Remove Assets from AD
- Updated on 21 May 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Microsoft AD - Remove Assets from AD removes the assets (users or devices) matching the parameters of the saved query (or devices that were selected in the asset table) from Active Directory.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
Use stored credentials from the Active Directory adapter - Select this option to use the first connected Active Directory adapter credentials.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
- Username and Password - The credentials for the AD user account to perform the action.
If Use stored credentials from the Active Directory adapter is not enabled, these fields are required.
Axonius uses the ldap3 DELETE Operation API.
The value supplied in User name must have permission to delete users and computers from AD.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.