- 16 Mar 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Remove Tags from Resource
- Updated on 16 Mar 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
This Enforcement Action was previously named Remove Tag from Amazon EC2 Instance.
**Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Remove Tags from Resource ** takes the saved query supplied as a trigger (or devices that have been selected in the asset table) and removes tags from those AWS resources.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description (optional) - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs and Adapter Fetch History Modules
- Action name - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Action Conditions - Toggle on to enter a condition statement. See Configuring Enforcement Action Conditions to learn more about condition statement syntax.
- Use attached IAM role (required)
- If enabled, Axonius will use the attached IAM role / instance profile.
- If disabled, Axonius will use the supplied account details in the AWS Access Key ID and AWS Access Key Secret.
- AWS Access Key ID and AWS Access Key Secret (optional) - The credentials for an account that has the Required Permissions to remove tags.
- If supplied, Axonius will use the supplied account details.
- If not supplied, Axonius will use attached IAM role / instance profile.
- Proxy (optional) - An optional https proxy.
- Tag keys (required) - A semicolon (;) separated list of tag keys to be removed. A tag key must not begin with "aws:".
- Target AWS assets (optional) - Select the device types from which the tags will be removed. Select all that apply.
The values supplied in AWS Access Key ID and AWS Access Key Secret or the attached IAM role account must have permissions to remove tags from resources.
The required permissions are:
Those permissions must be added to a policy attached to relevant IAM user account.
For details on creating an IAM user and attaching policies, see Connecting the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Adapter.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.