- 03 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Rapid7 - Remove IP Addresses from Asset
- Updated on 03 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Rapid7 - Remove IP Addresses from Asset removes IP addresses from an existing Rapid7 InsightVM asset for:
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined, or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
A Rapid7 InsightVM site is a collection of assets that are targeted for a scan.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from the Rapid7 adapter - Select this option to use the first connected Rapid7 adapter credentials.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Source Adapter - Specify an adapter name as it appears in Axonius (as in the Axonius URL) in order to send specific adapter IP data.
- If supplied, it will send adapter IP data only from the adapter listed.
- If not supplied it will send adapter IP data from all adapters.
- Exclude IPv6 addresses (required) - This option must be selected. It will add IPv6 addresses to the Rapid7 InsightVM site.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
If Use stored credentials from the Salesforce Adapter is disabled, these fields are required:
- Host name - The hostname of the Rapid7 InsightVM server.
- Port - Use port 3780.
- User name and Password - The credentials for a user account that has the permissions to update a site.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name - The user name to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
- Use public IP addresses - Select to add public IP addresses to Rapid7 InsightVM.
- Use private IP addresses - Select to add private IP addresses to a Rapid7 InsightVM site.
- CIDRs exclude list - Specify a comma-separated list of CIDRs to be excluded.
- If supplied, Axonius will not add to the Rapid7 InsightVM site IP addresses in the IP range of the specified CIDRs.
- Override site IPs - Select to overwrite the IP addresses of the Rapid7 InsightVM site.
- Add Hostnames names to scan - Select whether to send the hostname name as well as the IP address to the Rapid7 InsightVM site.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Axonius uses the InsightVM API (v3) API.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.