- 26 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Axonius - Remove Custom Data from Assets
- Updated on 26 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Axonius - Remove Custom Data from Assets removes a custom field from each of the assets in the query results. For list fields, this Action can also be configured to remove specific values from a list for each asset in the query results.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Field name (required, default: empty) - Type or select from the dropdown, the custom field name from which to remove the value.
From the Action condition
- Choose Remove Entire Field to remove the entire field from all relevant assets.
- Choose Remove Specific Values to set specific values that will be removed from list fields.
When you choose Remove Specific Values, the Field value box opens. Enter the values to remove from the field. If the original tag in the system starts or ends with a space, it will be removed from the system, even if you enter it in this field without a space.
When you choose Remove Entire Field:
- If the selected custom field doesn't exist on the asset, the action succeeds.
- If the selected custom field already exists on the asset, its value is removed, and the action succeeds.
When you choose Remove Specific Values:
- If the field is a Date field, you must enter the UTC value.
- If the field does not exist - the action succeeds.
- If the field is not of the type List - the action fails.
- If the field does exist - but the VALUE that you want to remove does not exist anymore - the action is marked as success.
This action shows all existing custom data fields with the following limitations:
- Adapter labels are not displayed.
- Complex fields are not supported even though they appear in the list.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.