- 01 May 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Axonius - Remove Custom Data from Assets
- Updated on 01 May 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Axonius - Remove Custom Data from Assets removes the value from a single custom field from each of the assets in the query results. For list fields, this Action can be configured to remove specific fields from a list for each asset in the query results.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs and Adapter Fetch History Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Action Conditions - Toggle on to enter a condition statement. See Configuring Enforcement Action Conditions to learn more about condition statement syntax.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Field name (required, default: empty) - Specify the custom field name to remove the value.
From the Action condition
- Choose Remove Entire Field to remove the entire field from all relevant assets
- Choose Remove Specific Values to set specific values that will be removed from list fields.
When you choose Remove Specific Values, the Field value box opens. Enter the values to remove from the field. If the original tag in the system starts or ends with a space, it will be removed from the system, even if you enter it in this field without a space.
- When you remove the Entire Field if the selected custom field already exists on the device, its value will be removed.
- If the selected custom field doesn't exist, the action will fail.
When you remove Specific Values
- If the field is a date field, you must enter the UTC value.
- If the field does not exist - the action will fail
- If the field is not of the type list - the action will fail
- If the field does exists - but the VALUE that you want to remove does not exist any more - the action will be marked as success
This action shows all existing custom data fields with the following limitations:
- Adapter labels are not displayed.
- Complex fields are not supported even though they appear in the list.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.