- 22 Jan 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Okta - Add or Remove Users to/from Group
- Updated on 22 Jan 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Okta - Add or Remove Users to/from Group adds or removes each user retrieved from the saved query supplied as a trigger (or users selected in the asset table) to an Okta group.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description (optional) - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs and Adapter Fetch History Modules
- Action name - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Action Conditions - Toggle on to enter a condition statement. See Configuring Enforcement Action Conditions to learn more about condition statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from the Okta Adapter - Select this option to use the first connected Okta adapter credentials.
To use this option, you must successfully configure an Okta adapter connection.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Group Member Operation - Select the operation to perform either 'Add User To Group' or 'Remove User From Group'
- Group Name - the name of the group to which the user will be added or removed from.
- Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
Okta URL - The hostname or IP address of the Okta server. This field format is '[instance].okta.com'.
Okta API Key - An API key, created in the admin panel. For details, see Creating an API Token in Okta.
Number of parallel requests (default: 75) - Specify the maximum parallel requests that will be created when connecting to the value supplied in Okta URL.
API rate limit threshold percentage (default: 10) - Specify the threshold percentage of the Okta API rate limit when connecting to the value supplied in Okta URL. Axonius will stop the data fetch when the API rate limit reaches the supplied value.
HTTPS Proxy - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in Okta URL.
If Use stored credentials from the Okta adapter is not enabled, the fields above are required.
- Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Axonius uses the Okta Groups API.
The value supplied in Okta API Key must have write or admin permissions
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.