- 12 Feb 2024
- 2 Minutes to read
Google Workspace - Role Assignments Actions
- Updated on 12 Feb 2024
- 2 Minutes to read
Google Workspace - Role Assignments Actions adds or deletes role assignments in Google Workspace.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use Adapter Credentials - Select this option to use the first connected GSuite adapter credentials.
To use this option, you must successfully configure a Google Workspace adapter connection.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Role Assignment Action - Select if you want to Create or Delete the role.
Role ID - The numeric ID of the role you want to assign or remove. You can locate this by navigating to https://admin.google.com/ac/roles, selecting the role, and copying the parameter from this parameter in the URL:
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
ORG Unit ID - IF you want to create or delete the role only for users that belong to a specific organizational unit, enter the relevant ORG Unit ID.
To get the Org Unit ID for the role
1. Navigate to https://admin.google.com/ac/orgunits
2. Right-click the ORG Unit ID name.
3. Select Inspect.
4. Locate the parameter in the "data-row-id" corresponding to the ORG unit.
Customer ID - Default option is "my_customer", but you can change the default value to your real Google customer ID.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Use the scheduling options to execute Enforcement Actions on specific dates and times. You can also configure repeat schedules.
For more details, see Scheduling Enforcement Set Runs.
If Use stored credentials from the Google Workspace is not enabled, these fields are required.
- Email of an admin account to impersonate - The email of your Google Workspace admin.
- Account Profile Name - Name of your Google account profile
- JSON Key pair for the service account - Upload the JSON file you created for your service account. For more details, refer to Google Workspace adapter.
Axonius uses the Google Workspace - Directory API: Role Assignments.
This action requires permission to add a user to a group.
Also, this action requires that you enter the following scope in your Google account's Domain Wide Delegation for the Client ID used for this connection (inside the JSON file):
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.