- 26 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
GCP - Add or Remove Tags to/from Assets
- Updated on 26 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
The GCP - Add or Remove Tags to/from Assets action adds or removes tags from Google Cloud Provider assets.
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions if defined, or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
To use this Enforcement Action, you must successfully configure a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) adapter connection.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from the GCP Adapter - Select this option to use the first connected GCP adapter credentials. See Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for information about connecting the GCP adapter.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Tag names - Enter tag names separated by a comma.
Choose action for tags - Select whether to Add tags or Remove tags.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Axonius uses the Method: instances.setTags | Compute Engine Documentation | Google Cloud API.
The value supplied in Use stored credentials from the GCP Adapter must have the following permission:
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.