- 28 Jan 2024
- 2 Minutes to read
Lenovo - Enrich Asset Data
- Updated on 28 Jan 2024
- 2 Minutes to read
Lenovo - Enrich Asset Data enriches devices with Lenovo warranty information at the device level for:
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined, or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
You can then query for devices soon to be out of warranty. This Enforcement Action pulls Lenovo data from the Lenovo support database to match device serial numbers (SN) as unique device IDs.
Although you might see an adapter on your system, all configuration necessary is performed using this enforcement action.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Host Name or IP Address (default: https://SupportAPI.lenovo.com) - The host name or IP address of the Lenovo support database.
- Client ID - Enter your client ID token.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
- Use Serial Number as Name - Select this option to use the device’s serial number as the name instead the given ‘name’ field from the API.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
Axonius use the eSupport WebAPI API.
The values supplied in Host Name or IP Address must have the following permissions.
- WebAPI.Warranty (required to view warranty information)
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.