- 01 Nov 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Email - Send per Asset
- Updated on 01 Nov 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
The Email - Send per Asset action sends an email to each email address in the list of recipients for each asset that matches the parameters of the selected query.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
To use this action, you must enable Send Emails setting and configure the email host and port. For more details, see Configuring Email Settings.
Axonius email templates summarize a query's results:
- The Enforcement Set that triggered the email, and whether the enforcement was executed automatically or by a user.
- The triggered query name and the number of previous results found, added (since last execution), and subtracted (since last execution) results, all together sum up to the total number of current results.
- Summary of the top 10 results and link to view the entire query results. When the query is created on Activity logs and Fetch History using filters the email does not include a summary of the top 10 results.
- CSVs of the all results and/or of changes in the query results attached
If you set Compress email attachments on the Email Settings page, you can send the CSV files as one compressed file. The system will warn you if the compressed file reaches 10 Megabytes.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Recipients (required) - Add list of recipients.
These fields are optional.
Email subject (optional) - Specify the email subject.
- If supplied, the generated email subject will be the specified subject.
- If not supplied, the generated email subject will be [Enforcement Set Name] + 'for Query:' + [query name]
Custom message (up to 5000 characters) (optional) - Specify the body of the email message.
- If supplied, the generated email body will be the specified custom message.
- If not supplied, the email message will be generated with no body.
Send email as plain text (required, default: False) - Select whether to send the email as plain text. All formatting will be removed.
Recipients CC (optional) - Add list of recipients CC.
- If supplied, the email will be sent as CC to the specified email list.
- If not supplied, the email will be sent only to the defined Recipients specified email list.
Include report data (required, default: True)- Specify whether to include hardcoded report data in the custom message.
- When this option is enabled, hardcoded report data is added to the custom message.
- When this option is disabled, hardcoded report data is not added to the custom message.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.