- 12 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Offboard Assets - Microsoft Defender ATP
- Updated on 12 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Offboard Assets - Microsoft Defender ATP removes assets from Microsoft Defender ATP for:
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- It will take 7 days after offboardng to see an inactive status.
- The API will returns with a Status 200 response, indicating that the POST action completed successfully and the next time the device becomes available/online, Defender for Endpoint will offboard the device automatically without notification or approval.
- This API is supported on Windows 11, Windows 10, version 1703 and later; on Windows Server 2019 and later; and on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016 when using the new, unified agent for Defender for Endpoint. This API is not supported on macOS or Linux devices.
- To check if the device is offboard - See How to check if Offboarding of a Device was successfull? If there are still no changes in the status after 7 days, ask the client to have Microsoft Defender ATP support to check the issue.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (Microsoft Defender ATP) adapter - Select this option to use the first connected Microsoft Defender for Endpoint adapter credentials.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
- Source Host Name (default: api.securitycenter.microsoft.com) - The domain name of the Defender ATP host. Use the specific based location URL if the URL is without location:
- EU - api-eu.securitycenter.microsoft.com
- UK - api-uk.securitycenter.microsoft.com
- USA - api-us.securitycenter.microsoft.com
- Tenant ID - The Defender ATP tenant name.
- Client ID - The Defender ATP client ID.
- Client Secret - The Defender ATP client secret.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
The Microsoft Entra ID (Azure AD) application configured in the Defender ATP adapter must have the following Application permission:
See Microsoft Defender ATP documentation for more information.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.