- 12 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Ostendio - Create or Update Ostendio Asset
- Updated on 12 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Ostendio - Create or Update Ostendio Asset creates or updates assets in Ostendio for:
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
- Before using this Enforcement Action, the Ostendio adapter must be connected and at least one asset fetched.
- Only assets that do NOT have an Ostendio ID in Axonius can be created.
- Only assets that DO have an Ostendio ID in Axonius can be updated.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from Ostendio adapter - Select this option to use (the first) Ostendio connected adapter credentials.
- When you select this option, the Select Adapter Connection drop-down is available, and you can choose which adapter connection to use for this Enforcement Action.
These fields are required to run the Enforcement Set.
Action to perform - Select the action the Enforcement Action should perform: Create Asset or Update Asset.
Map Axonius fields to adapter fields - Use the Field Mapping Wizard to map Axonius fields to fields in external systems. In this way you can transfer data found in Axonius into the external system as part of the configuration of relevant enforcement actions. The wizard shows you which fields exist on the Axonius system, allowing you to map them easily.Note:
For details, see Axonius to External Field Mapping.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
If Use stored credentials from the Ostendio adapter is disabled, these fields are required:
Host Name or IP Address - the host name or IP address of the Ostendio host.
User Name - The Ostendio user name for a user account that has permission to fetch assets.
Password - The password for a user account that has permission to fetch assets.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name - The user name to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
Axonius uses the Ostendio APIs.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.