- 11 Jun 2023
- 5 Minutes to read
Jira Service Management - Create Issue
- Updated on 11 Jun 2023
- 5 Minutes to read
Jira Service Management - Create Issue creates one incident in Jira Service Management for all of the assets retrieved from the saved query supplied as a trigger (or from the entities selected in the asset table).
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from Jira Service Management (Desk) adapter - Select this option to use the Jira Service Management connected adapter credentials. When you select this option, the Select Adapter Connection drop-down is available, and you can and you can choose which adapter connection to use for this Enforcement Action.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Request description - Specify a description for the request.
Request summary - Specify a summary for the created issue.
Issue type - Indicate the issue type.
Service Management (Desk) key - Specify or select the desired project in Jira Service Management where the issue will be created.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
Host Name or IP Address - The hostname or IP address of the Jira Service Management server.
Jira Service Management API version - Specify the Jira Service Management API version.
User name and API Token - The credentials to connect to Jira Service Management.
Verify SSL - Select to verify the SSL certificate offered by the host supplied in Service Desk domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address.
HTTPS Proxy User Name - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password - The password to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
- Use Cloud API - Select this option to explicitly specify that the enforcement should use the Cloud API instead of Jira Server API. When the user uses the cloud API the default host name or IP address should be https://api.atlassian.com. Even when left unselected, the action will attempt to use the cloud API if the domain specified is “api.atlassian.com”.
- Assignee Name - Enter a user name to which to assign the incident.
- Custom fields (JSON format) - Custom fields to add to this incident described in JSON format.Note:If a custom field is already configured by this Enforcement Action, the new custom value is ignored.
- Add default incident description (optional) - Select whether to send the incident description to Jira Service Management.
Alert - "test" for the following query has been triggered: Missing Sophos
_Alert Details_ _The alert was triggered because: The number of entities is above 0 The number of devices returned by the query:4 The previous number of devices was:4_ _You can view the query and its results here: https://demo-latest.axonius.com/devices?view=Missing Sophos_
- Send CSV data (required, default: False)
* If enabled, the created issue will include an attached CSV file with the query results.
* If disabled, the created issue will not include an attached CSV file with the query results.
Additional CSV Settings
- Split by asset entities - Select to create a CSV file where each asset on a device is shown as a separate row. This separates each asset as the 'expand' option in the application. It separates each asset by its entity. For example, you will be able to know which values were fetched from each adapter connection.
a. If supplied, each value on a device or user is shown as a separate row.
b. If not supplied all values on a device are in the same cell on the CSV file.
- Split by field values - Choose field value - For complex fields and lists you can create a CSV file where the values of complex fields and lists are represented as separate rows in the file. From the drop-down box select the value that you want to display in the file, 'Tags' for instance. Only fields that have been discovered are available. For example, if you export by Installed Software, you will be able to see each installed Software name and its version.
- Don't split complex objects into columns - When selected, complex objects appear in a single column in JSON format. By default, each field in a complex object is split into a separate column in the CSV file.
- Export CSV delimiter to use for multi-value fields (default: Export CSV delimiter to use for multi-value fields field under the System Settings section in the GUI Settings) - Specify a delimiter to separate between values within the same field of an exported CSV file, otherwise the delimiter defined in Export CSV delimiter to use for multi-value fields is used.
- Maximum rows (default: 1048500) - Specify the maximum number of rows to be included in the CSV file. When you set a value here the generated CSV file will include the top x rows, based on the specified values. Otherwise, the generated CSV file will include the default maximum rows, set as 1048500.
- Include associated devices (only for Vulnerabilities and Software) - For Software and Vulnerabilities queries. Select this option to include the associated devices with the preferred hostname as a predefined field for each software or vulnerability. When you create a CSV file with associated devices (for Vulnerabilities or Software), if the exported query results are larger than the value set under Maximum rows (or the default value of 1048500), an appropriate notice is displayed at the end of the CSV file.
To perform this action you need to create a user with action privileges.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.