- 24 Jan 2023
- 5 Minutes to read
Jira Service Management - Create Insight Asset per Asset
- Updated on 24 Jan 2023
- 5 Minutes to read
Jira Service Management - Create Insight Asset per Asset (previously Jira Service Desk - Create Insight Asset per Asset creates a Jira Insight asset for each asset retrieved from the saved query supplied as a trigger (or from the assets selected in the asset table).
This is intended for use with Jira Service Management.
Jira Service Management - Create Insight Asset per Asset also updates the asset if it already exists. The action works as follows:
- For each asset returned:
- Assets not connected to the Jira Service Management adapter are created as new assets.
- Assets connected to the Jira Service Management adapter, with the Workspace ID and the Object Type ID as defined in the action configuration are updated.
- Assets connected to the Jira Service Management adapter, with the Workspace ID as defined in the action configuration but with a different Object Type ID from that defined in the action configuration are skipped.
The system returns appropriate messages for each operation.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description (optional) - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- Action name - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Action Conditions - Toggle on to enter a condition statement. See Configuring Enforcement Action Conditions to learn more about condition statement syntax.
Use stored credentials from Jira Service Management (Desk) adapter - (required, default: False) - Select this option to use the Jira Service Management (Desk) adapter credentials. When you select this option, the Select Adapter Connection drop-down is available, and you can choose which adapter connection to use for this Enforcement Action.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Workspace ID - The ID of the workspace where the asset will be added.
- Object Type ID - The type of asset to create.
- Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
- Map Axonius fields to Jira Insight fields - Maps one or more Axonius fields to the selected Jira Insight fields. Enter the ID of a Jira Insight field, the adapter and the Axonius field. Field mapping can also be specified by uploading a CSV according to the template or in JSON format.
- Click Template to download the CSV template.
- Click Import CSV to upload the field mapping as a CSV file according to the dowloaded template format.
- Click JSON view/Wizard view to toggle between Wizard view and JSON view. The field mapping can be written in JSON format and pasted into the text box.
- In the Wizard view, click + Add Field to add another field mapping.
- Static Attributes (optional) - Define the static Jira field IDs and their values. Click + to add a static attribute. Multiple static attributes can be added.
- Mapped field values change based on the values of the devices.
- Static field values are inserted to all devices without regard of the given device’s values.
- Don't return failed if assets are not created because of unique attributes - An attribute in Jira can be defined as 'unique'. It is not possible to create a new asset in Jira if it has the same attribute with the same value as an attribute that is 'unique’.
You can select this option to define that when the reason that Jira assets are not created is because they have a unique attribute, the enforcement action will be defined as a success, (however, a message will show that the asset was not created).
When the checkbox is not selected, if the reason an action is not able to create a Jira asset is because it has a unique attribute, the enforcement action will be defined as 'failed'.
If Use stored credentials from the Jira Service Management (Desk) adapter is not enabled, the following fields are required.
- Host Name or IP Address - The hostname or IP address of the Jira Service Desk server.
- Jira Service Management API version - The version number of the Jira Service Management API.
- User Name and API Key - The credentials for a user account that has the permissions to read and write.
- Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- HTTPS Proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- HTTPS Proxy User Name - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy
- HTTPS Proxy Password - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
- Use Cloud API - Select this option to explicitly specify that the enforcement should use the Cloud API instead of Jira Server API. When the user is using the cloud API the default host name or IP address should be https://api.atlassian.com. Even when left unselected, the action will attempt to use the cloud API if the domain specified is “api.atlassian.com”.
Axonius uses the The Insight REST API.
Axonius must be able to communicate with the value supplied in Connection Settings via the following ports:
- TCP port 443
- TCP port 80
The values supplied in Connection Settings must have permissions to read and write.
This adapter has only been tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Please contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed and it is not functioning as expected.
|Jira Insights 1.0||Yes|
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.