- 01 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Create Incident - PagerDuty
- Updated on 01 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Create Incident - PagerDuty creates an incident in PagerDuty for the entities retrieved from the saved query supplied as a trigger.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from the PagerDuty adapter - Select this option to use the first connected PagerDuty adapter credentials.
- When you select this option, the Select Adapter Connection drop-down is available, and you can choose which adapter connection to use for this Enforcement Action.
- To use this option, you must successfully configure a PagerDuty IT Service Management adapter connection.
- The user name and the password used for the adapter connection must be user with permissions to create new incidents.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Title - Specify an incident title.
- Service ID - The ID of the service associated with the incident.
- Service Type - The type of service associated with the incident.
- Priority ID - The ID of the priority value.
- Priority Type (required, default: 5) - Specify the incident priority.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
If Use stored credentials from the PagerDuty Adapter is disabled, these fields are required:
Host Name or IP Address (required, default: api.pagerduty.com) - The hostname or IP address of the PagerDuty server that Axonius can communicate with via the Required Ports.
Token (required) - An API Key associated with a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets. The API token for this adapter is static and in power of the PagerDuty user
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy (optional) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name (optional) - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password (optional) - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
- Urgency - Select the urgency level from the list.
- Brief Description - Specify an incident description.
- Add default ticket description - Select whether to send the incident description to PagerDuty.
- If enabled, Axonius will include the default incident description (mentioned below) in the PagerDuty incident.
- If disabled, Axonius will not include the default incident description (mentioned below) in the PagerDuty incident.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Use the scheduling options to execute Enforcement Actions on specific dates and times. You can also configure repeat schedules.
For more details, see Scheduling Enforcement Set Runs.
Axonius uses the PagerDuty API.
This action requires incidents.write permission.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.