- 20 Nov 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Microsoft Azure DevOps - Create Task
- Updated on 20 Nov 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Microsoft Azure DevOps - Create Task creates a task in Azure DevOps for the results of the saved query supplied as a trigger (or devices that have been selected in the asset table).
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from Azure DevOps adapter - Select this option to use the Azure DevOps connected adapter credentials.
- When you select this option, the Select Adapter Connection drop-down is available, and you can choose which adapter connection to use for this Enforcement Action.
To use this option, you must successfully configure an Azure DevOps adapter connection.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Project - Project name.
Project Process Type - Select the Project Process Type: Basic, Agile, Scrum, CMMI or Other.
Work Item Title - Specify the Work item title.
Work Item Type (default: Task) - Select the work item type to be created. The types available depend on the Project Process Type that you choose. You can also add a new Work Item Type. Type a value, and select create new. This Work Item Type will now be available.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
Domain or IP - The hostname or IP address of the Azure DevOps server. The default is https://vssps.dev.azure.com/.
Port - If not supplied, Axonius will use TCP port 443.
API Version - Select the API version. The default is 6.1-preview.1.
Organization - The name of the Azure DevOps organization. For more derails, see Azure DevOps - About organization management in Azure DevOps.
Token Name and Personal Access Token - The generated personal access token (PAT) used to authenticate into Azure DevOps that has the required permissions to read, write and manage work items.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy (optional) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name (optional) - The user name to use when connecting to the Azure DevOps server via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password (optional) - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
Description - Enter the description of the new Work item.
Exclude Axonius EC summary description - Select this option to not include the summary description of the Axonius EC.
Tags - Custom tags to be added to the new work item. Multiple tags are separated by a semicolon ";".
Area Path - Enter the Area Path. This is used to group work items by team, product or feature area.
Iteration Path - Enter the Iteration Path. This is used to group the work into sprints, milestones etc.
Parent Work Item ID -Add the Work item with the specified ID as the Parent Work item of the new one.
Attach CSV - Attach a CSV file containing the results of the query.
Export CSV delimiter to use for multi-value fields - In the CSV file that is created set a delimiter to use for fields that can contain more than one value.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Axonius uses the Azure DevOps - Work Items - Create API.
The values supplied in the Token name and Personal access token refer to a generated personal access token (PAT) used to authenticate into Azure DevOps that has the required permissions to read, write and mange work items.
For details, see Azure DevOps - Create a personal access token (PAT).
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.