- 07 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Forescout CounterACT - Assign Assets to Group Policy
- Updated on 07 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Forescout CounterACT Assign Assets to Group Policy assigns assets to a Forescout group policy, for:
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from Forescout CounterACT adapter - Enable this option to use Forescout CounterACT connected adapter credentials. When not enabled, see Connection Parameters.
- When you enable this option, the Select Adapter Connection drop-down is available, and you can choose which adapter connection to use for this Enforcement Action.
These fields are required to run the Enforcement Action.
- Agent group ID - Specify the Forescout group policy ID to which to assign the assets returned by the query.
- Instance Name - Select the Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
When Use stored credentials from the Forescout adapter is toggled Off, these fields are required:
- Forescout CounterAct Domain - The full URL of the Forescout server.
- User Name and Password - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
Axonius uses the Forescout eyeExtend Connect Module: Web API.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.