- 18 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Netbox - Connect Contacts to Device
- Updated on 18 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Netbox - Connect Contacts to Device connects Netbox contacts to their associated discovered devices, according to the proper format for:
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined, or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from the Netbox Adapter - Select this option to use Netbox connected adapter credentials. When you select this option, the Select Adapter Connection drop-down is available, and you can choose which adapter connection to use for this Enforcement Action.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Contact ID - The ID of the Netbox contact.
- Contact Role ID - The role ID of the Netbox contact.
- Content type - Add a Content Type field in the format <app_label>.<model>.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
If Use stored credentials from the NetBox adapter is not enabled, these fields are required.
NetBox Domain - The hostname of the NetBox server.
Authentication token - Enter the NIST controls used by the company.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
Priority - Select the Priority level.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Axonius uses the NetBox REST API.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.