- 22 Jan 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Microsoft Active Directory (AD) - Change Assets OU
- Updated on 22 Jan 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Microsoft Active Directory (AD) - Change Assets OU moves the assets (users or devices) retrieved from the saved query supplied as a trigger (or assets that were selected in the asset table) from one Organizational Unit (OU) to another in Microsoft Active Directory (AD).
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description (optional) - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs and Adapter Fetch History Modules
- Action name - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonious. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Action Conditions - Toggle on to enter a condition statement. See Configuring Enforcement Action Conditions to learn more about condition statement syntax.
Use stored credentials from the Active Directory adapter - Select this option to use the first connected Active Directory adapter credentials.
- To use this option, you must successfully configure an Active Directory adapter connection.
## Required Fields
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
Organization Unit string (OU) - Enter the Organization Unit string. In the string, instead of the name of the Organization Unit set OU=Disabled. For example if the user DN (distinguished name) is: “CN=user1,OU=Users,DC=ad-test,DC=com” you need to enter the string in this format “OU=Disabled,DC=ad-test,DC=com“. A user can also be moved to an Organization Unit in a different domain.
For all cases make sure you enter the full path for the OU to which you want to move the user.
These fields are optional.
- Username and Password - The credentials for the AD user account to perform the action.
If Use stored credentials from the Active Directory adapter is not enabled, these fields are required.
- Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Axonius uses the ldap3 MODIFY_DN Operation API.
The value supplied in User name must have permission to change users and computers in AD.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.