- 05 Sep 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
BOSSDesk - Create Ticket
- Updated on 05 Sep 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
BossDesk - Create Ticket creates a ticket in BOSSDesk for:
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
Use stored credentials from BOSSDeck Adapter - Select this option to use BossDesk connected adapter credentials.
- When you select this option, the Select Adapter Connection drop-down is available, and you can choose which adapter connection to use for this Enforcement Action.
To use this option, you must successfully configure a BossDesk adapter connection.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Title (default: Axonius-created ticket) - This can be changed if you want to use a custom title.
- Type ID - Enter the ticket type ID.
- Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
Priority ID - The ID of the priority value.
Description - Enter a description.
Category ID - The ticket category.
Requester ID - The ID of the user creating the ticket.
Team ID - The ID of the team to which the user creating the ticket belongs.
Agent ID - The ID of the BossDesk agent reporting the issue.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
If Use stored credentials from the BOSSDesk adapter is not enabled, these fields are required.
- Host Name or IP Address - The hostname or IP address of the BOSSDesk server.
- User Name and Password - The credentials for a user account that has the permissions to fetch assets.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- HTTPS Proxy User Name - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
Axonius uses the BOSSDesk API
This Enforcement Action has only been tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Please contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed and it is not functioning as expected.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.