- 13 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Entra ID (Azure AD) - Forward Email Rule
- Updated on 13 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Entra ID (formerly Azure AD) - Forward Email Rule adds a forwarding email address and other related email information for:
* Users that match the results of the selected saved query and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined, or users selected on the Users page.
Messages are then forwarded to this new email address. For example, if a user terminates employment and will no longer receive emails to their company email address but to a new email address.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
This enforcement action runs on Users only.
- Use stored credentials from the Entra ID (formerly Azure AD) Adapter - Select this option to use Entra ID connected adapter credentials.
When not enabled, see Connection Parameters
To use this option, you must successfully configure a Microsoft Entra ID (Azure AD) adapter connection.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Display Name - The display name of the message rule created in Entra ID.
- Recipient Name - The email recipient's name.
- Recipient Email Address - The email recipient's email address.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
- Remove Existing Rule - When selected, removes the email address from the forwarding list. Messages sent to the user's email address will no longer be forwarded.
When Use stored credentials from the Entra ID (formerly Azure AD) adapter is toggled Off, these fields are required:
- Azure Client ID - The Application ID of the Axonius application. Copy this from the app registrations.
- Azure Client Secret- Specify a non-expired key generated from the new client secret. Copy this from the app registrations.
- Azure Tenant ID - The ID for Microsoft Entra ID. Copy this from the app registrations.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- Account Sub Domain - The Microsoft account's sub domain (<sub_domain>.onmicrosoft.com).
- User Name and Password - The credentials for a user account that has the permissions needed to fetch SaaS data.
- 2FA Secret Key - The secret generated in Microsoft Entra ID for setting up 2-factor authentication for the Microsoft user.
- SSO Provider - If your organization uses Microsoft Entra ID for SSO, you can select this check box.
Axonius uses the Microsoft Graph REST API v1.0.
The values supplied in Connection Settings above must have MailboxSettings.ReadWrite permission.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.