- 16 Mar 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
CrowdStrike Falcon - Add/Remove Assets to/from Host Group
- Updated on 16 Mar 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
CrowdStrike Falcon - Add/Remove Assets to/from Host Group (previously Add/Remove Hosts from Crowdstrike Host Group) adds or removes each of the devices from a Crowdstrike Host Group that are the result of the saved query supplied as a trigger (or devices selected in the asset table).
To use the actions below, you must successfully configure a CrowdStrike Falcon adapter connection.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- CrowdStrike Domain (required) - The hostname of the API server – this could be one of the following:
- https://falconapi.crowdstrike.com (for "legacy" API)
- https://api.crowdstrike.com or https://api.us-2.crowdstrike.com (for the latest API)
- User Name / Client ID and API Key / Secret (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
- Action type (required) - Select either Add Hosts or Remove Hosts.
- Host Group ID (required) - The ID of the host group to which the asset will be added or from which it will be removed.
Axonius must be able to communicate with the values supplied in Connection Settings via the following ports:
- TCP Port 443
The values supplied in Username / Client ID and API Key / Secret must have host-group write permissions.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.