- 30 Oct 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Axonius - Add and Remove Tag
- Updated on 30 Oct 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
The Axonius - Add Tag action adds one or more defined tags to all relevant assets.
The Axonius - Remove Tag action removes one or more defined tags from all relevant assets.
To configure Add Tag, from the Action Library, click Axonius Utilities, and then click Add Tag.
- Tag names (required, default: empty) - Search for and choose one or more tags from a list of all the tags defined in the system. These tags will be added to all relevant assets. If the desired tag name does not exist in the system, you click Add New to add it.
Use Select All to select all tags, and Clear All to clear all selected tags from the list.
- Tag color - Set a color for the tag background. The default background color is white.
- Remove this tag from entities not found in the saved query results (required, default: False) - Select whether to also remove the configured tags from all entities that are not part of the list of assets the Enforcement Task ran on.
Expiration date type
You can set an automatic expiration date for a tag or a group of tags on assets
in a query. In this way you can add a tag to one or more assets for a defined period of time; once the defined time ends, the tag is automatically removed from the assets. This can be useful for instance, if you have a system that cannot be patched for a specific period of time. You can create a saved query that will exclude assets with this specific tag. As a result, tagged assets will not be included in reports and dashboards using that saved query for the set time, until the tag expires.
From the drop down select an option
- No Expiration
- Specific Date
- Days from Now
By default, tags do not have an expiration date.
Setting a Specific Date
- Select Specific Date
- A date picker is displayed
- Choose a date.
- Choose Save.
Setting Days From Now
- Select Days From Now;
A drop-down with a number of days is displayed.
Select the number of days from now for the tag to expire.
To configure Remove Tag, from the Action Library, click Axonius Utilities, and then click Remove Tag.
- Tag names (required, default: empty) - Search for and choose one or more tags from a list of all the tags defined in the system. These tags will be removed only from entities that are already tagged with the specific tag name. Use Select All to select all tags, and Clear All to clear all selected tags from the list.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.