- 21 May 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Rapid7 - Add IP Addresses to Site
- Updated on 21 May 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Rapid7 - Add IP Addresses to Site (Add IPs to Rapid7 InsightVM Site) adds IP addresses to an existing Rapid7 InsightVM site for:
- Assets that match the results of the selected saved query, and match the Enforcement Action Conditions, if defined, or assets selected on the relevant asset page.
A Rapid7 InsightVM site is a collection of assets that are targeted for a scan.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Use stored credentials from the Rapid7 adapter (required, default: True) - Select this option to use the the first connected Rapid7 adapter credentials.
- Site name (required, default: empty) - Specify the Rapid7 InsightVM site name to be updated.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
Host name - The hostname of the Rapid7 InsightVM server.
Port - Use port 3780.NOTE
If Use stored credentials from the Rapid7 Adapter is disabled, this field is required.
User name and Password (optional, default: empty) - The credentials for a user account that has the has the permissions to update a site.
If Use stored credentials from the Rapid7 InsightVM Adapter is disabled, this field is required.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS proxy User Name - The user name to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
Use public IP addresses - Select to add public IP addresses to Rapid7 InsightVM.
Use private IP addresses - Select to add private IP addresses to a Rapid7 InsightVM site.
Exclude IPv6 addresses - Select to add IPv6 addresses to the Rapid7 InsightVM site.
CIDRs exclude list - Specify a comma-separated list of CIDRs to be excluded.
- If supplied, Axonius will not add to the Rapid7 InsightVM site IP addresses in the IP range of the specified CIDRs.
Override site IPs - Select to overwrite the IP addresses of the Rapid7 InsightVM site.
Source Adapter - Specify an adapter name as it appears in Axonius (as in the Axonius URL) in order to send specific adapter IP data.
- If supplied, it will send adapter IP data only from the adapter listed.
- If not supplied it will send adapter IP data from all adapters.
Add Hostnames names to scan - Select whether to send the hostname name as well as the IP address to the Rapid7 InsightVM site.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.