- 11 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Qualys - Add IP Addresses to Asset Group
- Updated on 11 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Qualys - Add IP Addresses to Asset Group (Add IPs to Qualys Cloud Platform) action adds IP addresses to an existing asset group or to a new one.
Asset groups are logical groups of host assets, domain assets, and scanner appliances (if applicable). Asset groups can be based on importance, priority, location, or ownership.
This action supports IPv4 addresses only.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Qualys Cloud Platform domain - The hostname of the Qualys API (for example, qualysapi.apps.qualys.com). For more details on how to determine your Qualys API URL, see Identify your Qualys platform.
- User name and Password - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to add IP addresses as host assets to an existing asset group or to a new one.
These fields are optional.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- Create asset group - When selected, Axonius will create a new host asset (if it does not exist), a new asset group, and will associate the host asset to the created group. When not selected, Axonius associate the new host asset (if is does not exist) to an existing asset group, if specified in Group name.
- Group name - Specify the asset group name to which Axonius will add the IP address as a host asset. When no value is given, Axonius will not associate the host asset to any asset group. When Create asset group is enabled, this field must be supplied.
- When Create asset group is enabled and the specified group with that name already exists in Qualys, Qualys will add the new IPs to the group.
- Use private IP addresses - Choose whether to add private IP addresses to Qualys.
- Use public IP addresses - Choose whether to add public IP addresses to Qualys.
- CIDR exclude list - Specify a comma-separated list of CIDRs to be excluded. Axonius will not add to Qualys devices IP addresses in the IP range of the specified CIDRs.
- Only send perferred IPs - When selected, the action will use only the preferred IPs in the IP network.
- IP Network - The IP address of the network that all the IPs in the related query should belong.
The value supplied in User Name must be associated with one of the following user roles and with the following permissions:
- Manager role with full scope.
- Unit Manager role with the following permissions:
- "Add Assets" permissions.
- Manage (create, edit, delete, view) all assets in their own business unit.
Users with other roles do not have permissions to add IP addresses.
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.