- 23 May 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Add Custom Data
- Updated on 23 May 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Add Custom Data adds one custom field (string type) to each of the entities that are the result of the query. You can then use that field in future queries.
To configure the Add Custom Data action, from the Action Library, click Axonius Utilities, and then click Add Custom Data.
- Field name and Field value (required, default: empty) - Specify the string type custom field name and the value to be added on all relevant entities. That field can then be used in future queries.
- Field type (required, default: String) - Select the custom field type: String, Boolean, List String, Date.
- When you choose String, specify a free-text value for the custom field in the Field value field.
- When you choose Boolean, select a custom field value either Yes or No in the Field value field.
- When you choose List String, enter each item and either type a comma, a semi-colon or press Enter to add the value to the list. You can also paste a comma separated list into the field. See Adding a List String below.
- When you choose Date you can select a date, see Adding Dates below for more details.
- Click on items in the list to edit them.
- If the added custom field already exists on the device, it is` overridden.
- If the added custom field already exists with a different field type, the action will fail.
For example. If you want to add an item to an existing list from the enforcement center - you need to use the existing enforcement and add the item there. When you add an item to an existing list, you overwrite the values in the list.
You can add a Date as a custom field. This is useful to identify the first time an asset was non-compliant.
To add a date
- Enter a Field name.
Select Date as the Field type.
From the Date Type field, set the type of date that will be set in this field; either choose Now (Execution time) or set a Specific date.
- Now (Execution time) adds the date and time that the Enforcement action is run.
- A Specific date can be either in the past or the future. When you choose Specific date, click in the Set Date field to select a date and time. The times displayed are in UTC.
- You can use the option Don’t overwrite values if custom field already exists if you do not want to change an existing date that you have already added (for instance if the action added a custom date to show the first time something was found on the system, you would not want to overwrite this value).
- Click Save to save the Action.
Adding a List String
To add items to a list string
- Do one of the following
- Type the name of the field value and press Enter.
- Type the name of the field value and press Comma (,).
- Type the name of the field value and press Semicolon (;).
* Type “field-1” and press Enter. A tile named “field-1” is added to the list.
* Type “field-2” and type a comma “,”. A tile named “field-2” is added to the list.
* Type “field-3” and type a semicolon “;”. A tile named “field-3” is added to the list.
To remove items from the list, click the x in the tile you want to remove.
Once you add custom data, you can use the custom data as a field in queries.
To learn more about configuring Enforcement Sets, see Configuring Enforcement Sets.