- 22 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Jira Assets Platform - Add Assets
- Updated on 22 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Jira Assets Platform - Add Assets creates a new asset or updates an existing asset in Jira Assets Platform for each of the assets that are the results of the saved query supplied as a trigger (or devices that were selected in the asset table).
Updating an asset will overwrite its properties with the properties defined in the request object from Axonius.
- Jira Domain (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Atlassian Jira Assets Platform server.
- User Name and API Key (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to read, add and to update assets.
- Verify SSL (required, default: True) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the host supplied in Jira domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If it fails validation, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- HTTPS proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to Jira domain.
- If supplied, Axonius will utilize the proxy when connecting to the host defined for this connection.
- If not supplied, Axonius will connect directly to the host defined for this connection.
- Asset type appKey and Asset type originId (required, default: AxoniusEC | axonius-enforcement) - Specify the appKey and the originId of an Asset Type you have created on your JIRA Assets Platform project.
- Assignee account ID (optional, default: empty) - Specify the Atlassian account id for the assignee.
- If supplied, the new/updated asset will be assigned to the specified account.
- If not supplied and Assignee email is not supplied, the new/updated asset will not be assigned.
- Assignee email (optional, default: empty) - Specify the email address for the assignee. The email must be associated with a valid Atlassian account id.
- If supplied and there is an account id associated with this email address, the new/updated asset will be assigned to the specified account.
- If not supplied, or if supplied and there is no account id associated with this email address, the new/updated asset will not be assigned.
If both Assignee account ID and Assignee email are supplied, the action will fail.
Axonius uses the Atlassian Jira Asset Platform - Create or Update Asset API.
To integrate Axonius with Jira, you need to do the following :
Create a user in Atlassian with access to Jira. The user should be part of the most basic group which is jira-software-users.
Log in to Jira using the created user and generate an API token.
For cloud based Atlassian sites, use the following URL to generate an API token: https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens#
To learn more about configuring Enforcement Sets, see Configuring Enforcement Sets.