- 20 Aug 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 20 Aug 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Zendesk is a cloud-based help desk management solution offering customizable tools to build customer service portal, knowledge base and online communities.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- SaaS data
Subdomain (required) - The subdomain used to access Zendesk. For example, Axonius is the subdomain for https://axonius.zendesk.com/.
Username and Password (required) - The username and the password of an Axonius dedicated user account.
API Key/Token (required) - The API token created for the Axonius application.
MFA Secret (optional) - The secret generated in Zendesk for setting up Multi-factor authentication for the Zendesk user created for collecting SaaS Management data.
See Zendesk documentation for instructions on how to set up MFA and generate the MFA secret.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy (optional) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Roles to Fetch - Select the users' roles to fetch from the drop-down.
- Fetch EC Action ticket updates - Select this option to configure the adapter to fetch updates on tickets created by Axonius users. The updated ticket information is displayed in the Tickets table showing information on all tickets in the system (Assets> Tickets) or on tickets of a specific asset (in the Asset Profile of the relevant asset).
Axonius uses the following APIs:
While to access SaaS data you need to grant roles and/or permissions that include write capabilities, the adapter only actually reads data from the application. This applies to both the user account and the credentials associated with the API key.
Adapter Integration Setup
To successfully connect this adapter, you need to create a user account and an API token by completing the following steps:
Step 1: Create a New User Account
It is recommended for the username and password to be derived from a newly created user account dedicated for the usage of Axonius. Retrieve the username and password from that user account.
When single-sign-on is enabled, it is recommended to derive the Email address and password from a user account maintained by the single-sign-on solution. Please contact Axonius support for assistance.
- Login as admin to the Admin Center. Click on People in the sidebar, then select Team > Team members.
- At the top of the page, click add user.
- Enter the user's Name and Email.
- Choose Staff member for the User type.
- Select the Administrator role.
- Click Add.
Step 2: Generating a New API Token
API tokens can be used by anyone on the account and aren't associated with specific users. Admins can view, add, delete, and manage API tokens in the Zendesk Admin interface. To generate an API token, you must be an administrator and API token access must be enabled.
API token access is disabled by default. Before you can generate an API token, enable API token access. Once you have enabled API token access, admins can generate an API token.
To enable API token access and to generate an API token:
- Log in as an admin. In the Admin Center, click on Apps and integrations in the sidebar, then select APIs > Zendesk APIs.
- Click on the Token Access toggle to enable API token access.
- Click the Settings tab, and then click on the Add API token button to the right of Active API Tokens.
The token is generated and displayed.
- Enter an API token description.NOTE
Copy the generated API token and paste it somewhere secure. Once you close this window, the full token will never be displayed again. This is required for the Adapter connection parameters.
- Click Save to return to the API page.