- 2 Minutes To Read
You can collect and correlate information about your assets by using Axonius' adapters, which integrate with a wide array of security and IT management solutions.
To Achieve this Milestone
Go to the Adapters page which displays the list of the solutions Axonius integrates with, called adapters. Connect at least three adapters to fetch data for your devices and users from at least three different sources.
For Axonius cloud customers only:
- The Axonius cloud instance resides in the cloud and is not part of your organization's internal network. Axonius securely fetches data from the organization's data sources, known as adapters.
The Axonius Tunnel enables to establish a link between an internal network and the Axonius cloud instance.
- Axonius Tunnel is only required to connect adapters their sources are only accessible by an internal network.
- Axonius Tunnel is not required to connect adapters their sources are accessible from the internet,
- For details on configuring and installing the Axonius Tunnel, see Installing the Axonius Tunnel.
Adding a New Adapter Connection
To add a new adapter connection:
Open the Adapters page, click the icon on the left navigation panel.NOTEYou can toggle between viewing all available adapters and the adapters that have connections configured. Click the Configured Only toggle button to show only the adapters that have connections configured.
Search and click the relevant adapter. The Adapter Connections page opens displaying the list of configured connections.NOTE
For Axonius cloud customers only:
- The Axonius cloud instance resides in the cloud and is not part of your organization's internal network. Axonius securely fetches data from the organization's data sources, known as adapters. The Axonius Tunnel enables to establish a link between an internal network and the Axonius cloud instance.
- To connect adapters their sources are only accessible by an internal network, you must configure and install the Axonius Tunnel on a server that has access to those sources. Once the tunnel is successfully installed, you need to select the Use Tunnel to connect to source checkbox in the Adapter Configuration tab under the adapter Advanced Settings.
- For details, see Configure and connect adapters to use the Axonius tunnel
To add a new connection, click Add Connection. The Adapter Connection Configuration modal opens.
Populate the required information.
To set the connection as inactive, switch off the Active Connection toggle button.
If switched off, the configured connection will be considered as inactive. The connection can be saved, but it will not fetch data from its source. Therefore:
- The Check Network Connectivity button will be disabled.
- The Saved and Fetch button will be disabled.
- During a discovery cycle, this connection will be ignored and no data will be fetched from its source.
To test the network connectivity to the supplied hostname or the IP address, click Check Network Connectivity.
To save the configuration changes and to initiate data fetch from the configured source, click Save and Fetch.
To save the configuration changes without initiating data fetch, click Save.
For example, the Amazon Web Services (AWS) adapter configuration page:
For more details on adding a new adapter connection, see the Adapters Page - Adding a New Adapter Connection.