- 11 May 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
Report Configuration Page
- Updated on 11 May 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
Use the Report Configuration page to configure the report content and scheduling.
To open the Report Configuration page, from the left navigation panel, click icon. The Reports page opens.
- Click Add Report to add a new report.
- Click a specific report record in the table to view or edit an existing report.
The timestamp of the last generated report is shown at the top of the Reports page.
To define a new report or update an existing report:
Provide a unique report name. You can't change the report name once the report is saved.
Select whether to create a private or a public report.
- Private reports may include:
- My Dashboard space charts.
- Private saved queries.
- If enabled, the report will be private and can only be viewed, edited or delete by the user that created and owns that report.
- If disabled, the report will be a public report. Any user with the right report permissions can view, edit or delete that report.
- Private reports may include:
Select whether to include dashboard charts and then select which dashboard spaces to include.
Select whether to include Saved Queries and then configure a list of selected saved queries.
If you choose Email Configuration then the Attach CSV with queries results to email checkbox is available. Choose this to attach a CSV file with the entire saved query results for each of the listed saved queries.
When you set Compress email attachments under Email Settings on the Global Settings page, you can send the CSV files as one compressed file. The compressed file also contains the PDF file of the report. The system will warn you if the compressed file reaches 10 Megabytes.
Report Email Configuration
- Select Email Configuration to send the report as an attached email according to a defined schedule.
You must select Email Configuration in order to send emails. Once you clear this field, scheduled emails will no longer be sent
- You can deactivate email scheduling if required. Toggle off Activate email scheduling to turn off email scheduling of reports. This does not change the configuration that you set. You can turn on email scheduling as required.
- Specify email subject, optional custom message, list of recipients and recipients CC. You need to press enter, or type a comma or semi-colon after you add an email address.
The Custom message field allows unsanitized HTML code.
- Select the email scheduling recurrence (every x hours, every x days, on specific days of the week or month) and the time the email will be sent (Time zone is UTC). More than one time can be set.
Setting the Email Schedule
From Email Schedule select the frequency to send the reports by email. The following options are available
- Every x hours - The System sends the latest report by email every number of hours defined in the Send email every (hours) field.
The time the first email is sent time is determined based on the specified value, starting midnight. For example, if the specified value is 6, the times the email is sent are: 12am, 6am, 12pm, 6pm, 12am, etc.
* The start time for the next email to be sent will be the closest interval. For example, If the specified value is 6, and the configuration was saved at 10am, the next email will be sent at 12pm.
* The maximum possible value is 24.
- Every x days - The system sends the latest report by email every X days as defined in the Send drop-down box. The maximum possible interval is 30.
- On days of week - The system sends the latest report by email on the days of the week selected at the time specified in Send email at field.
- On days of month - The system sends the latest report by email on the selected dates of the month at the time specified in the Send email at field.
Setting More Than one Time in a Day to Send Email Reports
When you choose Every x days, Days of week or Days of month you can set a number of times to send reports at set hours on the days that you chose. In this way you can send emails at defined hours and not every X hours, for instance to fit in with specific events during the working day.
- Click the + button to set more than one email time.
- Use delete to delete a scheduled email sending time.
- If you have configured a scheduled email, the Send Email button is displayed. Click it to send the email with the latest generated report.
- You can configure a custom logo to be used in the reports PDF files. For details, see the System Settings section under the GUI Settings.
Click Save to save your configuration.
Downloading and Sending Reports
For full details of what your generated report contains, see Report Content.
- You can download the latest generated report as a PDF file, a CSV file or as both CSV and PDF. When you choose both PDF and CSV the download is a compressed file.
- The CSV download options are available only when you have defined to include the CSV and sending an email.
- Click Send Email to send the latest report as an email attachment.