- 28 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
TOPdesk - Create or Update Asset
- Updated on 28 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
The TOPdesk - Create or Update Asset action creates or updates an asset in TOPdesk Enterprise for each asset that matches the parameters of the selected query or assets selected in one of the asset tables.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapters Fetch History, and Asset Investigation modules.
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
- Use stored credentials from theTOPdesk adapter (required) - Select this option to use the first connected TOPdesk adapter credentials.NOTETo use this option, you must successfully configure a TOPdesk adapter connection.
- Template Name (required) - Enter the name of the TOPdesk asset template.
- Action Type - Select whether to create a new asset or to update existing assets.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
If Use stored credentials from the TOPdesk Enterprise Service Management (ESM)Adapter is disabled, these fields are required:
Host Name or IP Address (optional) – The hostname of the TOPdesk server. Required when there is more than one connection.
- User Name or Application Name (optional) – Specify the User Name or Application Name. Required when there is more than one connection.
- Password (optional) - Enter the password for a user account that has the permissions required to create assets.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS proxy - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
Map Axonius fields to TOPdesk fields (optional) - Use the Field Mapping Wizard to map Axonius fields to fields in TOPdesk. In this way you can transfer data found in Axonius into TOPdesk. The wizard shows you which fields exist on the Axonius system, allowing you to map them easily.NOTE
For details, see Axonius to CMDB Field Mapping.
Tunnel Name - For Axonius-hosted (SaaS) deployments. Select the tunnel through which to connect to perform the action.
Use the scheduling options to execute Enforcement Actions on specific dates and times. You can also configure repeat schedules.
For more details, see Scheduling Enforcement Set Runs.
Axonius uses the TOPdesk API.
This adapter has only been tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Please contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed and it is not functioning as expected.
|Topdesk API v3 and higher
For more Enforcement Actions, see Manage CMDB Assets Category.