- 1 minute to read
The Tanium adapter discovers IT assets and gathers live endpoint data to help create an up-to-date inventory of hardware and software assets.
The Tanium adapter requries the following parameters:
- Tanium Domain - use your Tanium domain.
- Port (optional)
- User Name and Password - enter the user and password created to use Tanium. For details, see below.
- Verify SSL - choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- Choose Instance - if you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
Creating a user for Tanium
To create a user for Tanium, do as follows:
- Log in to the Tanium administration panel as Administrator
- Go to Permissions > Roles. Then click New Role > Grant Micro Admin Role
- Fill in the Name of the role, then click the plus sign next to “Read System Status”, then hit save.
- Once a user is created, you need to assign it a new role.
Go to Administration > Users and create a new user for Axonius.
Then go back to the users page, selec that user and click View User.
- Click Edit Roles, then click Edit for Grant Roles.
- Search the newly created role, select it, and save.
- Click Show Preview on the user details page, then save.
- Log in to the UI using the user at least once.
You can now use the newly created user to connect the Tanium adapter.
Was this article helpful?